Thursday, June 20, 2013

Listening to


Caruso (song) written by Lucio Dalla is hands down top of tops. If you haven't heard it, I'd recommend this recording or this one - you'll be ironing out your goosebumps. So I've been listening to Caruso recently (often when I can't find 'the' words) and it's set alight my need for some kind of creative release...as it always does.

---

I'm one of those hopelessly passionate people for artistic expression. Maybe why I can spend hours in ballet class, sitting at the piano or silently painting a canvas.

---

I'm useless when it comes to speaking with words (unfortunate, I know). When I have to really dig deep and let my bottled-up-deepests out, I consistently manage to spill out a disjointed bundle of stop-started-nothings. Caruso (the song) somehow frees all that. I'm sure we've all got one of those tunes (be it Abba or Pavarotti). I'm carrying on...I know...but there's a point. This song has got me thinking...

---
I see my written word is wanting to go on some other journey (not quite sure where yet) so I'll be focusing on the direction to take this blog. Another platform? Another name? Another focus? I hope, whichever road this takes, you'll be able to follow along - I don't think it'd be quite the same without the wonderful people I've met through this little blog.
---

Stay tuned.

---

Maria xo

p.s. my placement of Diana Vishneva (saying everything the words do) behind the lyrics in the pic gets to my point quicker/better than what I can. This video (of a magical dance pair) is also a better example of "no talk needed". Spellbinding (not kidding).

8 comments:

  1. I've loved reading Shade of Whim over the past three years, Maria - and getting to know you through it! Whatever direction you decide to go, I can't wait to keep reading along with your adventures :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Cee. Means a lot to have you say that. I feel so privileged to have such kind and thoughtful readers. And the thing that really gets me (every time) is that you guys are so incredibly busy with such wonderful blogs and so many followers to keep up with, yet you have always managed to make this little one of mine feel pretty damn special. Thank you!!xxx

      Delete
  2. Of course I will follow you to wherever your blog goes! Was that even a question?

    Best of luck with your self searching..thats what blogging is to me anyway.

    ALWAYS,
    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amanda Rose!!! Your support is so wonderful and means a heck of a lot!!!!
      Well - i'm in limbo. I had big changes set...now I'm thinking to tone it down and not shake things up too drastically (for fear of losing what this blog has become...which, let's be honest, isn't a page of 2000followers breaking any blogging-ground...but I still have fun with it) ;)

      Delete
  3. Excited to see where you take it... I'll be following along Maria, good luck xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, my ex introduced me to this song...it was sort or "our song" and i have many happy memories when it was played. i do have goosebumps trailing up, down and sideways whenever i hear it play. there are many turning points in life, i hope the one you're moving towards now will fill you up with more moments of goodness. blessings to you, as always!! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, before I say anything..i NEED to say...it's SO nice to have you on these pages again! Some things just make you smile - your comments are one of them!
      About the song.. isn't it incredible! I don't have any real association to it except that I found it while I was living in Melbourne, away from family and friends. It spoke the words I couldn't somehow verbalise. Every time I listen to it, my creative side goes wild and I get a tonne of inspiration for choreography - one day, I'll have to put movement to those words and see where it goes.
      Thank you, I think things are naturally just needing a little tidy up/refining and I'll be good. I seem to have made a few subconscious (but necessary) changes and some things are ever so slightly dragging behind.

      Blogger hugs to you!
      I'm heading over to your blog now. Very excited to catch up on things. xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails