Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chin up for the hell of it

via
As the sun snuck its way over the hilltops I woke myself up with a solid workout and grabbed the opportunity to rethink my crappy, tired, impatient attitude of late. To the rhythm of my skipping rope spins, I was taking a look around the gym floor and noticing the frowns running treadmills, pushing weights, doing their general workout thing. I was carrying on just like them! My pet hate, if you haven't picked up, is negativity.

With a good 30min on my hands my less-than-chirpy tone told me to "stuff the negativity and move the hell on" and so I got to thinking my way through my lucky stars!

This morning it hit me how easy it is for us to fall in that flop and drag our heels through our days. The saying "be careful what you think, your thoughts make your world" is all too true. That in mind, you'd be a fool to choose gloomy-greys when you can make a few conscious changes to your thoughts and words and kick your tune positive. When someone asks "how's things?" stop giving the standard "not bad!" and feed them with a dose of "fantastic, thanks". In no time, that'll shake up your days and have you spinning in happiness. Not kidding.

Ramble cut reasonably short, I'm getting back to them lucky stars. You know those weeks that are packed with good-ness? The ones that have you itching to dive from minute to minute? The ones that have us doing anything but routine-like-tail-chasing?  I realised I have one of those weeks...every week! I'm positive we all do, to some extent. So, chin up (me, mainly), cheer up, brighten up! There's always reason to whack on a cheesy!

1 comment:

  1. We all have those days... weeks... months, even. It's so easy to fall into the negativity trap, particularly if you feel like you're pushing yourself through tasks you aren't passionate about, like an early morning workout when you could be in bed or going to work at a job that isn't our dream. But it just as easy to suck it up and put a smile on your face. Chin up, lovely girl - you have so much to be happy about, and I know you know it :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails