Thursday, January 6, 2011

A final moment with twentyten

Pictures taken at Henley Beach, Adelaide, on New Years Day/Night

While most strapped their party shoes on and topped up their bubbles for the year's final Hurrah, I spent my day (morning & night) with la familia for a show of sunlit wonder. With giggles and games happening beach side, twenty ten's final dance closed a door on an incredible year gone by. Taking a moment from the fish & chip accompanied night, I reflected on the year that was - packed to the rim with unexpected change, a relocation, long awaited graduation, lessons learned (and often re-learned), overwhelming joy, the unavoidable heartache, a blog adventure, the ever lasting love of friends and family, and of course, great coffee!

With a new years celebration in the bag, my holiday was filled with time to bask in moments of doing nothing much at all but enjoy. It went something like...
  • Filling up our tums with the divine noshings here 
  • Spending summer nights sipping on some sweet red wine and cherry sangria at this place
  • Supporting a coffee addiction after stumbling across a treasure I never knew existed in my home town. My holiday account is beginning to sound more like a food and drink guide...
  • Indulging in the company of friends, family and the cuddle-obsessed puppy at the family home
  • In moments of day-dreamy wonder, I'd be tickled with butterfly-belly joy at the thought of the blank canvas 2011 has pinned to the wall, waiting for its mad artist to get a brush in hand and take a wild stroke to the stars! With this tiny treasure inspiring me to record and highlight the 365 day chapter ahead, I'm set and ready to roll with the adventures of twentyeleven
I hope everyone enjoyed a safe, fun-filled and rejuvenating break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read these words and leaving some of your own behind.x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails